Working as Partners with our Neighbors
Calvin Church is committed to taking the love of God to others through works of care, acts of justice and the proclamation of the Gospel, whether around our community or around the globe. We value holistic and collaborative outreach ministries–that is, we seek to balance justice, compassion, development, and evangelism, and we seek to work through strategic partnerships.
Calvin community partners:
- Backpack Kids offers love, hope and nutrition to hungry kids in Shoreline schools by providing weekly foodpacks with small meals and snacks for each weekend when meals are not available at school. View more about Backpack Kids.
- Community College Outreach reaches the campuses of Shoreline, Edmonds, Cascadia and Everett Community Colleges through the ministry of campus minister, Rev. Milad Nakhla. View more about Community College Outreach.
- Jacob’s Well, a project of Vision House, provides transitional housing for women and children in Shoreline. Calvin supported construction efforts and completely furnished one apartment. View more about Vision House.
- Bridge Disability Ministries serves persons with physical and/or developmental disabilities in the Greater Seattle area. Calvin hosts a Sunday Celebration Dinner each September, bringing together able-bodied and disabled to build relationships of respect. View more about Bridge Disability Ministries.
- Diggin’ Shoreline, Building Community through Gardens, has come alongside Calvin Church in 2016 to bring their energy and passion to restore our Community Garden as a place where community members can gather to grow food for their families, for the food bank and for free community meals. View more about Diggin’ Shoreline.