Did you know there is on-line access to Calvin’s Library Catalog?
The catalog is hosted online by Library Thing. Click on the link above.
What Is in Calvin’s Library?
The Calvin Library includes both fiction and non-fiction.
The Calvin Library collects materials on a wide range of topics, including, but not limited to :
- Bible study and theology
- Spiritual development
- Other denominations and religions
- Classic Christian literature
- Children’s stories
To keep the collection current, only items published within the last 15 years relevant to Calvin sermons, programs, and discipleship will be added to the collection. Exceptions will be made for Christian classics, books written by well-known Christian authors, or items filling a gap in the collection. The items need to be in good condition, with minimal underlining, highlighting, or damage. We will no longer collect videotapes or audiocassettes.
Shaping What Is in Calvin’s Library
The Calvin Library Collection Development Policy is a set of guidelines describing what kinds of materials meet our mission. Given our limited space and funds, we rely on public libraries in the area to complement our collection.
Library Mission Statement
- Calvin Library witnesses to our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe God works through the library and its collection to transform lives.
- The library supports the mission of Calvin to center our lives on Jesus, encourage seekers, grow together through community, and engage our gifts where we are called in ministry and mission.
- We select, organize, and share materials to help members, friends, and staff grow in Biblical literacy and Christian maturity.